Upcoming Events, Newsletters, Publications, and Links:
JANUARY 27, 2021 2021 Master Marketer Seminar Series PDF Starts.
Although there is no charge to attend any of the sessions, registration is required at https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/MasterMarketer All Master Marketer sessions will be held on Wednesdays beginning January 27 and will run through March 3 from 10:00 am to noon with a couple of evening sessions offered as well from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. The full agenda is found in the mentioned registration website. For additional information, please see the attached flyer or visit the Master Marketer homepage at https://mastermarketer.tamu.edu
FEBRUARY 19 & 26, 2021 2021 Commercial Turf & Ornamental Workshop PDF, 5 CEUs offered $25.00 Registration and payment deadline is 2-17-21.
Small Acreage Landowners
SAL Newsletter May-June 2010 PDF
Topics Include: After CRP, Horse Pastures, Goat Program, Water Well Testing
Youth Beef 706 Course PDF
The cost of the Beef 706 Youth Program will be covered through the generosity of the Texas Beef Council.
Water Well Testing PDF
Water well testing May 24th
SAL Newsletter March-April 2009 PDF
Topics include: Texas Master Naturalist, Texas Beef Quality Program, Herbicides, controlling field sandbur, livestock facts
Beef Quality TrainingTBQP PDF
Beef producers can get free training to help them become more competitive by attending the Texas Beef Quality Producer Program in Lubbock, Texas, on Tuesday, April 21, 2009.
SAL Newsletter May-June 2009 PDF
Topics Include: Parasite Clinic, Pocket Gophers, After CRP Workshop, Beef 706
Creating a Resource Inventory PDF
An accurate inventory of your resources is important for the evaluation of the current health of the operation and planning for the future.
Beef 706 Youth Program PDF
The Beef 706 Youth Program will be offered June 2-3 or June 4-5, 2009
SAL Newsletter July-August 2009 PDF
Topics Include: 4-H EXCELL Golf tournament, Wildfires, Texas Bullnettle, Nitrate Poisoning, Prussic Acid, Web courses available for small acreage landowners
SAL Newsletter September-October 2009 PDF
Topics Include: Centennial Celebration, Pesticide Collection Day, High Plains Ag Conference, Preparing Your Lawn For Winter, Texas Master Naturalist
High Plains Ag Conference PDF
TDA -Recieve 5 CEU’s in one day. CCA- Recieve 5 CEU’s in one day
SAL Newsletter April-May 2008 PDF
Topics: Beef 706, Online Courses, Rabbit Control, Horse Program, Vaccinating Cattle
Basic Horse Management 101 PDF
Topics include:Basic Safety, Pasture and Hay Selection and Usage, Basic Horse Nutrition, Basic Horse Reproduction, General Health Care and Dentistry, Body Condition, Permanent Identification of Horses and Basic Hoof Care
SAL Newsletter June-July 2008 PDF
Topics: Soil Testing, Nitrate Poisoning, Prussic Acid, Mesquite Control Methods.
Pioneers in Agriculture Series Flyer PDF
The Pioneers in Agriculture series is designed to connect today?s producers with the latest research information through a shared experience that draws on our knowledge-building traditions of field days and farm walks.
SAL Newsletter August–September 2008 PDF
Topics: Goat Management, Bob Benson Golf Tourn., Determining your Livestock Stocking Rate, Block and Tub Supplements, Disaster Preparedness
Goat Management Workshop – August 18th PDF
This workshop is designed to address goat herd management strategies for Small Acreage Landowners
SAL Newsletter November-December 2008 PDF
Topics Include:Electric Fencing, Management Tips for Internal Parasite Control in Sheep and Goats, South Plains Agriculture Wind and Wildlife Confrence, District 2 4-H/FFA Quality Counts Training, Time to Winterize your Cowherd, Soil Sampling, Preparing
SP Agriculture, Wind and Wildlife Conference PDF
With the wind energy industry continuing to grow on the on the South Plains, landowners and producers have many questions.
- CRP Publication PDF – converting CRP land back into crop and/or cattle production. (August 2018)
- 2016 Southern High Plains RACE Trials Report PDF
- 2016 Texas Grain Producer Indemnity Fund PDF – December 5-9, 2016
- 2016 High Plains Cotton Harvest-Aid Guide PDF
- 2016 Pick Wheat Grain Varieties for the Texas High Plains & Eastern New Mexico PDF
- 2016 Weed Management in Cotton in the Texas High Plains PDF
- 2015 Cotton Harvest-Aid Guide PDF
- Determining Cotton Crop Maturity Video
2015 Sugarcane Aphid
2014 Alternative Crop Options after Failed Cotton PDF and Late-Season Crop Planting for the Texas South Plains
- Alternative Crops Options After Failed Cotton PDF
- Wheat Freeze Assessment Sessions April 17 & 18; and April 18, 2013
- Texas Grain Producer Indemnity Fund– Voting Nov. 19, 2012 thru Dec. 7, 2012. Ballots available from County Extension Office.
- Assessment of Grain Sorghum from Oct 8 Frost-Freeze PDF
- Video – Nodes Above White Flower (7-25-12)
- Video – Dan Taylor received Man of the Year in Agriculture (8-02-12)
- Video – Ag Agents take a horticultrue tour to CapRock Winery (8-2-12)
- Video – Texas AgriLife Lubbock on YouTube
- Nitrate & Prussic Acid in Forages — Sampling, Testing, and Management Strategies PDF
- 2012 CRP General Sign-Up PDF
- 2009 Alternative Crop Options PDF
- 2007 Wheat Variety Recommendations PDF
- Freeze Injury Potential for Wheat PDF
- Making Replant Decisions in Cotton PDF
- Controlling Field Grass Sandbur in Turfgrass PDF
Management Decisions in Drought
Small Acreage Landowners
Bird Health Awareness – Virulent Newcastle Disease PDF
Controlling Field Sandbur (Grassbur) in Turfgrass PDF
Field sandbur (grassbur) is a summer annual grassy weed that can be found in home lawns, sports fields, parks and along roadsides.
Controlling Pocket Gopher Damage PDF
Gophers can cause serious damage when they establish tunnel systems in cultivated farming areas, rangelands, orchards, tree farms and lawns.
Electric Fencing PDF
Electric fencing also allows for temporary fencing to subdivide pastures, which can increase the stocking rate and forage utilization and decrease parasite problems through rotational grazing.
How They Work and the Symptoms They Cause
Rangeland Herbicide Chart PDF
This is a chart of Rangeland Herbicide.