What is Better Living for Texans?
The Better Living for Texans program (BLT) is a nutrition education program available for adults and children who are SNAP recipients and SNAP eligible in 208 of the 254 Texas Counties. Since 1994, BLT has provided research-based nutrition education programs that help people make healthy meals, improve their physical fitness, grow their own foods, save money at the Grocery store, and adopt better food safety habits.
Better Living for Texans is an educational program that works with a variety of limited source audiences: The primary BLT audience is comprised of SNAP recipients and SNAP program eligible. In addition, families participating in the Head Start program, Women Infants and Children (WIC), Individuals receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), SSI recipients, Individuals receiving food from food pantries or soup kitchens, and others qualify.
Vision: Help Texans Better their lives
Mission: Through the application of science-based knowledge, we create high quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.
Capabilities: We provide programs, tools and resources, local and statewide-that teach people how to improve agriculture and food production, advance health practice, protect the environment, strengthen our communities and enrich youth.
BLT classes and materials are offered at NO cost to participants and BLT will come to you or assist you with finding a location.
Amber Bozeman, EA-BLT
- The Better Living Diaries Newsletter March 2023 (PDF) 3-1-23
- The Better Living Diaries Newsletter April 2023 (PDF) 4-1-23
- Bozeman’s Buzz Newsletter August 2022 (PDF) – 8-15-22
- Bozeman’s Buzz Newsletter September 2022 (PDF) – 9-6-22
- Bozeman’s Buzz Newsletter October 2022 (PDF) – 10-12-22
- The Better Living Diaries Newsletter November 2022 (PDF) 11-2-22
- The Better Living Diaries Newsletter December 2022 (PDF) 12-2-22
- BLT Adult Program Brochure (PDF)
- BLT Youth Program Brochure (PDF)
- 2022 Adult Program Series (PDF)
- BLT Walk N Talk Fruit & Vegetable (PDF)
- Learn Grow, Eat & GO! Curriculum Brochure (PDF)
- Learn Grow, Eat & GO! Brochure (PDF)